Matched Betting Abbreviations
Some commonly used Matched Betting abbreviations used on forums, their meaning and content.
|ACCA||Accumulator, Multiple Bet
-Double, Treble, Fourfold, Fivefold etc.
|AGS, FGS, LGS||Anytime Goal Scorer, First Goal Scorer & Last Goal Scorer|
|AWS||All Weather Surface|
(or might be Bookie Blowout) both are products From Mike’s stable
|BOG||Best Odds Guaranteed
– a bookie will pay you at higher odds if the Horse goes off (SP) higher than you backed it at)
|BOOM||Refund has been triggered, or FB had been hit,
– often accompanied by a colourful picture
|BTTS||Both Teams to Score
– type of football bet
|C&D||Course and Distance
– Seen in a Horses form and/or on a Racecard
|DoND||Deal or No Deal (Classic)
– Slot (not scratchcard) that’s often advised to get through a games WR
|CS||Correct Score Market|
|DYOR||Do Your Own Research
– A polite disclaimer to check the T&C’s etc. of an offer for yourself
– usually Casino offer related, when an offer is not Risk-Free
|EWS||Each Way Sniper – another of Mikes Products
Each Way Steal
|FP or FS||Freeplay or Freespins
– casino related
|HCP or EH||European Handicap|
|FPP||First Past the Post|
– bookies “helper” line
– or Matchbook in the context of an exchange
|MBS||Money Back Special
– type of betting offer
|MC||The Boss – Mike Cruickshank|
|NRNB||Non-Runner No Bet
a promotion sometimes offered on an Ante-Post betting market, usually only big race meetings – where if your selection becomes a non-runner, the bet will be voided
|OP||Opening Post, or Opening Poster
– the 1st post in thread or the poster who made it
|OPM||Other People’s Money (usually the bookies)|
a Horse racing term, full name Tattersalls Rule4
|RNG||Random Number Generator
– Casino Game/Slot related – all games are usually RNG based.
|RTP||Return to Player
– Casino Game/Slot related, the percentage of stake that might be expected to be returned.
|SNR or SR||Stake Not Returned or Stake Returned
-most common types of Freebet
– the price the Horse actually starts the race at.
BSP = Betfair Starting Price
ISP = Industry Starting Price
|SUB||Sign Up Bonus|
|T&C’s||Terms and Conditions|
Other Useful matched betting abbreviations:
- “PP: Chelsea to win vs Arsenal 1.9/1.91 BF”
- You are being told that on PaddyPower (PP) just now Chelsea is available to win against Arsenal @ back odds of 1.9, which can be laid on BetFair (BF) at odds of 1.91.
- other Exchanges may be abbreviated too – MB = MatchBooK, BD or Daq = BetDaq, SM = Smarkets
- A type of Football betting offer, [usually] a refund if the Score finishes 0 – 0
- RedRum – 7/7
- In fast moving threads the Bookie may be missed out as it may be listed in the OP or mentioned a few posts back (like Hills on racing day) = simply means back/lay prices are both 7.00
- Being banned or limited by a Bookie, also sometimes called “being rinsed” (i.e. you’re off their Xmas Card list!)
- Shop Arbing
- Shop Gubbing
Appendix A: — (maybe the Urban Dictionary would be required to clarify some of these as I’m not sure?)
LOL – Laugh Out Loud
FFS – not sure? (Oh For Flip Sake, of course it is! )
PLS & TY – strangely these don’t come up very often IMHO.
WTF – What? That’s not Fair… or maybe it is.
If you are interested in learning how to profit on Matched Betting, click here for more information.