Stop Bookmaker Accounts Being Limited and Restricted
To make money from matched betting, you need to have accounts with a number of bookies. This will allow you to take advantage of lots of offers. You can’t simply use one or two bookie sites all the time. When it comes to your accounts, the more the merrier.
Therefore, it is bad news when a bookmaker closes one of your accounts. If you are going to successfully make money, you need to know why this happens. Even more importantly, what can you do to stop it from happening?
By understanding a few of the basic points, you can carry on making money for longer. Let’s start by understanding the basics. We can then look at some of the ways of avoiding problems from now on.
Why Do Bookmakers Close Accounts?
This is such an important matter that there was a debate in the House of Lords about it. On the side of the bookies was Richard Flint, chief executive of SkyBet. He said that they need to restrict certain customers. These are people who “we believe will be unprofitable for us in the longer term”.
So, the bookies look out for people who have found ways of beating them regularly. This is no surprise, as they want to make as much money as they possibly can. What does this mean for you if you use matched betting techniques or other strategies?
For a start, they will close your account if too many value bets are made on it. This is one of the easiest things for them to spot. Because of this, it is really tough to make money from value betting over time. Using this as your main or only strategy won’t work for long.
Another thing that they look out for is someone who takes too many bonuses. This is another warning sign for them. So, you need to be extremely careful when matched betting.
We can easily find stories online about bookie accounts being closed or restricted. For example, Ian Sharpe was reduced to putting on maximum bets of 25p. This was due to him placing his bets early and winning consistently. The same article states that around 50,000 British gamblers have restricted accounts. I believe the number to be much higher!
Look around and you will see lots of online complaints about. People get their accounts closed or restricted all the time. It is one of the biggest issues in the betting industry just now. A lot of punters get very angry about how the bookies basically weed out the winners.
The betting company will usually not give a reason for the account being restricted or closed. At most, they might make some vague statement about your betting habits.
So what can you do to stop this being a problem? There is no simple answer but we can look at the main issues. By doing this, it will be a lot clearer what you need to do.
The first point to bear in mind is that you are in this to make money. So is the bookie. One of you is going to be successful and the other isn’t. You can’t both win in the long term.
If it is the bookmaker that comes out ahead then your account will be safe. They aren’t going to risk losing a punter that makes them money. However, your plan is to make some cash off them, isn’t it? In this case, you will eventually end up getting the old heave-ho.
Strange at it may seem, it is probably just a matter of time. The bookies don’t want to lose money. You know how to make money off them. Something is going to have to give sooner or later. So, your accounts aren’t going to be around forever.
Things aren’t quite as bleak as they may seem, though. The idea of this guide is to help you prolong your accounts to the maximum. You might get them closed eventually but you can make money in the mean-time. By being smart you can keep on winning for more time.
A good starting point is to use the bonuses first. This means grabbing the welcome bonuses first of all. They give you a fantastic way to start racking up profits.
You can take advantage of them until you are bonus banned. After that, you can move on to other strategies to keep you going. So, make the bonuses a priority but be ready to try other things too.
Best Ways to Stop bookmaker accounts being limited and restricted
The good news is that there are some neat tips to learn about. These are moves that will help you to keep your account running for longer. Stick to them and you can keep on picking up profits by without any problems.
They don’t guarantee that the bookmaker won’t restrict your account. As we saw earlier, this will almost certainly happen eventually. Yet, they are smart ways of going as unnoticed as possible.
We can divide these ideas into three categories. First of all, there are the things that you should definitely do. These are the tried and testing strategies that I have seen work.
You can keep a working, fully functional account when you do these. You should definitely bear them in mind. They aren’t difficult to stick to or time-consuming.
Next, are the things to definitely avoid doing. I have seen that these moves will end in tears. Expect your accounts to be closed or restricted realty quickly if you give these actions a try.
Finally, there are the areas that might or might not work. You might want to give them a try. I’m just not at all sure whether they work like some people say they do.
- Try and always bet on the big games. This means sticking to competitions like the Premier League and Champions League. These games attract a massive amount of money every single time. Because of this, your bets have a better chance of slipping by unnoticed. On the other hand, if you bet on small matches such as Afghanistan Division 3 football league, this could make you stand out. Look for the week’s most important games first of all. If lots of people are going to bet on it then you should be in there too.
- Use free bets on correct score markets. Stick to large football games as mentioned above. You can usually extract 80% of the free bet value because of the high odds. There is usually a gap between the bookmakers back odds and Betfair lay odds, meaning they would be classed as poor value bets. This is another simple way of blending in more.It is what regular gamblers tend to do, so you won’t look too noticeable. Just remember to do this for all of your free bet offers were possible.
- Look at betting on the draw. If we look at the example of Premier League football, the odds are often similar between bookies and exchanges. This means that you can back and lay some games to end in draws. You might want to consider a double with two matches at different times. You want to bet that both will finish in draws. Say the draw with SkyBet is 3.60 and it is 3.60/3.65 on the exchange. In this case, the trader will not bat an eyelid. You won’t attract any unwanted attention for your betting habits by doing this.
In the same way, there are also some good pieces of advice to remember on what not to do. These are some of the things that you need to avoid so that you don’t stick out like a sore thumb. They are easy mistakes to make, so it pays to be aware of them.
- Don’t bet on horse racing whilst you have bonuses privileges. This is a sure-fire way to get noticed. You should stick to football betting instead. As mentioned above, this should mean bets on big, popular matches. This is one exception to this rule, though. You will be fine to use your bonus bets on races at the Cheltenham Festival. Otherwise, steer clear of the nags until your bonuses are all over.
- Don’t place arbitrage bets. These bets are account killers. You might be tempted to make some cash in this way. However, you can expect your account to get noticed pretty quickly in this way.
- Avoid the small, obscure games. Minor leagues and youth games are among the bets that get noticed. If you start betting on leagues all over the world it will also attract attention. Avoid this kind of transaction that will stand out if there’s a trader watching. With so many high-profile games around, there is no reason to do this anyway.
What about the grey areas between the ‘do’s’ and the ‘don’ts’? These are the things that some people swear by and others say aren’t a good idea. They are ideas that I haven’t been able to confirm 100%. Is it worth trying them? Let’s look at the main issue you will come across.
- The main point to cover here is that of limiting your withdrawals. Some people will tell you that it is a great idea. Others will say that it makes no difference. Certainly, it shouldn’t do any harm to give it a try. However, I have been unable to establish whether it truly works.
Avoid Bad Advice
So far, we have looked at some good pieces of advice. These are things that I have seen work or not work over time. Yet, the advice you receive won’t always be as sensible as this.
In fact, there are a few sites out there offering awful advice. They say that they will help you to keep your bookmaker accounts open. However, they will end up doing you far more harm than good.
A common theme on these sites is that you can fool the bookies. How do they say that you can do this? The tip usually given is to carry out mug bets. So, you place the sort of wager that ordinary punters do.
What is the end result of this? You lose lots of money in qualifying bet losses and still end up getting restricted. Unless you are going to place hundreds of them per week, it won’t make any difference.
How do you spot these sites in order to avoid them? It is pretty to do, to be honest. These are the exact same websites that have affiliate links going to the bookmakers. Well, you won’t fool anybody by doing that.
Stop bookmaker accounts being limited and restricted Conclusion
There is no doubt that your accounts are at risk of being closed. In fact, you can expect this to happen at some point. Yet, you shouldn’t just give up and accept this fate.
By being clever, you can keep your accounts running for longer. Some simple tactics can easily help you to wring more value out of them. Overall, just avoid being too noticeable and you will be fine for longer. That concludes my guide on how to stop bookmaker accounts being limited and restricted.